Hello everyone, and happy Friday! I see that the arctic weather is affecting a great deal of the country this weekend, so I figured this would be a great time for a substantial escape to St. John. How does a drive along Route 20 – also known as North Shore Road – sound? It’s also a great way to familiarize yourself with the locations of the island’s most popular spots.
I strapped the GoPro to the Jeep last week and filmed this video in 4k for you all. I started at the Cruz Bay overlook and ended just past Maho Bay. It’s just over 21 minutes long, so grab a cup of coffee or perhaps a mimosa or two (no judgement!) and enjoy the ride! Looking for a specific place? Here’s a little cheat sheet:
- Entering Virgin Islands National Park – :46
- Caneel Bay overlook – 2:32
- Caneel Bay entrance (ZoZo’s & Caneel Bay Beach Club) – 4:12
- Hawksnest – 5:58
- Gibney & Oppenheimer area – 7:18
- View of Hawksnest Bay – 7:52
- Easter Rock – 8:05
- Peace Hill & Denis Bay parking – 8:28
- Jumbie parking – 9:00
- Trunk Bay overlook – 10:02
- Trunk parking & entrance – 11:05
- Cinnamon Bay – 15:19
- Maho Bay overlook – 17:22
- Maho – 18:58
Want additional details on all of the beaches shown in the video, plus several more on island? Check out the Island Tidbits Beach Guide at www.IslandTidbits.com/beachguide.
Is there a specific spot on island you’d like me to record? Feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tag: Route 20 St. John
Share this post: [DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_SOCIAL_ICONS]