What type of tours do you offer?
- We currently offer full and half day tours. Please visit www.explorestj.com/tour for more information.
- Full day tours typically run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Half day tours typically run from 9 a.m. to noon or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free, live online tours – These tours are free to join, although tips are appreciated. Visit our Online Tours page to check out our current schedule.
How many people can Explore STJ accommodate?
- We can take up to four people at a time in our vehicle – a new, four-door Jeep Wrangler.
What type of vehicle are the tours conducted in?
- Explore STJ tours are conducted in a new, four door Jeep Wrangler. We can easily take the top off of the front of the Jeep, so the driver and passenger will be in the sun if you’d like. The passengers in the backseat will always be shaded. The Jeep is air conditioned. We have running boards and handles to make getting in and out of the Jeep easier. We can also bring a small stool if you’d like.
Where do the tours start?
- If you are staying in the Cruz Bay area, we can pick you up right at your villa, hotel, etc. If you are staying outside of the Cruz Bay area, we can meet at the gravel lot in Cruz Bay (a free parking lot). If you are coming from St. Thomas or from a cruise ship, we will meet you at the dock in Cruz Bay.
- We always have ice and water in the Jeep. We also have beach chairs and noodles for you to use through out the day.
What should I bring?
- If you are planning on any beach time, please bring a towel and reef safe sunscreen.
- If you are planning on snorkeling, please bring your own gear.
- If you are planning on doing some light hiking, you can bring sneakers if you’d like although it is not necessary. The trails are doable in flip flops, but there is some loose rock on one of the shorter trails.
- You can bring snacks or drinks if you’d like, including alcohol, as St. John does not have an open container law. We simply cannot bring glass of any kind on the beach. We can bring a jug of Painkillers for an additional $65.
Do we stop for lunch?
- We can stop for lunch during full day tours. (There typically is not time to sit for lunch during a half-day tour.) Lunch usually takes about an hour-and-a-half, and the cost is not included in the tour. We usually stop for lunch on the Coral Bay side of the island or at the Windmill Bar.
Will I see turtles and donkeys?
- While I can’t guarantee a turtle or donkey sighting as they are wild animals, I can say that we see both on 99 percent of our tours.
What types of payment do you accept?
- We can accept cash, check, credit card or Venmo. There is an additional 3% processing fee for all credit card transactions.
What is your cancellation policy?
- We ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice should you need to cancel.
What extras can you offer?
- We can bring along snorkel gear, drinks, snacks or lunch for an added fee.
What if it rains?
- In the Caribbean, rain showers come and go pretty quickly. It’s rare that we have a full day or rain.
Do you offer taxi or Uber-like services?
- No, we are not licensed to offer taxi services. We can recommend several great taxi drivers.